Webinar Hosted: Building Agile “Smart Cities”
On October 10, we hosted our first webinar on how to build agile “smart cities.” Blacksands CEO Nathan Pawl discussed the expontential growth in IoT and other Smart City technologies with Sol Salinas, Global Leader of Accenture’s Smart Cities practice, and Michael Lake, President and CEO of Leading Cities. The discussion was moderated by Mike Lyons, CBS News Analyst and cybersecurity expert. If you missed the webinar, catch the recording below.
- Sol Salinas, Global Leader of Accenture’s Smart Cities Practice – Panelist
- Michael Lake, President & CEO of Leading Cities – Panelist
- Nathan Pawl, CEO of Blacksands – Panelist
- Mike Lyons, CBS News Analyst & Cyber Security Expert – Moderator
The panelists discussed the following questions regarding the future of smart cities:
- With exponential growth in IoT and other Smart City technologies, how can cities avoid pilot gridlock?
- What are the dangers of taking too long to successfully deploy smart city technologies?
- How can cities act quickly when it comes to piloting and deploying new technologies?
- What are some innovative approaches to getting these important discussions moving?
- How can your city leverage internal or external innovation centers?
- How can you generate clear acceptance criteria in an effort to help city officials make a decision?
If you missed our first webinar, watch the recording below!